What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the worlds leading manufacturer of clear aligners providing an almost invisible yet totally effective way of straightening teeth. A beautiful smile can help increase self-esteem and confidence.
Sadly many people wanting to create that perfect smile shy away from having braces as they picture in their minds the traditional fixed bracket and wire system. Invisalign now offers the solution.
Your Invisalign treatment consists of a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that you change every two weeks for the next set of aligners. Each aligner is individually manufactured for your teeth, and your teeth only. As you replace each aligner, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position prescribed by your dental practitioner.
What’s more, a virtual 3D treatment plan (ClinCheck© treatment plan) shows the series of movements your teeth will go through over the course of the treatment. This allows you to see upfront what your teeth are expected to look like at the end of the treatment. From the results of the ClinCheck treatment plan, your custom-made, clear aligners are produced especially for you.
If you’re ready for a smile that transforms your appearance, Invisalign is your answer. Although there are many choices out there, no other treatment works as comfortably as Invisalign.
Why You Might Need Invisalign?
Missing teeth, discoloured teeth, chipped and broken teeth are obvious reasons for patients seeking cosmetic dentistry. These issues are usually easily remedied creating a better smile. However moving the teeth to their ideal positions is the difference between a good and a great smile. Invisalign can be used to treat dentitions with crowding, spacing and rotated teeth.
Reasons To Smile With Invisalign
- Almost invisible. People really can’t notice the aligners when worn so there is no need to hide your smile when going through treatment. Unsightly metal braces are a thing of the past.
- Invisalign appointments are generally short .and can be spaced between 2-8 weeks apart depending on your schedule.
- Custom made. Invisalign aligners are custom made to fit your teeth perfectly
- Invisalign is perfect for those image conscious teenagers who can now straighten their teeth without unsightly metal fixed braces. It’s the smile teenagers have been waiting for!
- Oral hygiene made easy. Invisalign aligners are removable and therefore brushing and flossing regimes can continue as usual to maintain a healthy oral cavity. It can be difficult to brush, floss and care for your teeth when wearing traditional fixed braces. Invisalign treatment may improve your gum health by effectively straightening your teeth as good tooth alignment allows for easier oral hygiene procedures.
- Food and Drink. Invisalign allows you to continue to enjoy your food and drink as the aligners are easily removed to eat and drink unlike fixed braces.
- Removable. Unlike standard permanent braces, Invisalign aligners can be removed when called for such as when receiving standard dental treatment or going to that all important social event.
- Gum health. Swollen and red gums can surface due to teeth that are crowded or too widely spaced. Clinical studies have shown that when teeth are properly aligned, it helps the gums fit tighter around the teeth, which can lead to better gum health. Since Invisalign’s greatest advantage is its ability to effectively straighten teeth, your gum health may improve after Invisalign treatment². And since you can brush and floss normally with Invisalign, unlike with traditional braces, you can more easily prevent tooth decay and related gum disease.
- Sometimes leaving teeth in the incorrect position can lead to speech and functional difficulties and additional stress on the masticatory system. Invisalign treatment may improve these problems by providing better-aligned teeth and jaws.
Invisalign for teenagers
Invisalign’s greatest benefits are that the aligners are aesthetic, comfortable and removable. What system could be more suited to the teenager to give them the confidence of a great smile.
Some teenagers will be suitable for the same Invisalign treatment as adult patients. Those who are in the mixed dentition can be treated with Invisalign® Teen – a treatment specifically designed for teenagers by teenagers themselves, parents and orthodontists.
The Technology is the same as used for Invisalign aligners but with a few added features
- Blue wear-indicators fade from blue to clear to help your dental practitioner, you, and your teenager to gauge wear time.
- Six free individual replacement aligners are included in case any get lost or misplaced.
- Special features designed to compensates for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars.
Invisalign is the best way to transform your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life. Check out the benefits at www.invisalign.co.uk
Back to Treatments »