What are Dermal Fillers? A non-surgical solution to aging!
Dermal Fillers are injectable gels of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) used for an increasing number of indications such as restoring facial volume loss, creating youthful facial contours, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles and enhancing the appearance of lips. There is minimal discomfort due to numbing preparations. The effect lasts between 6 to 18 months depending on age, area of injection, general health and quality of life and the type and amount of filler used.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) occurs naturally in our bodies but production of natural HA diminishes with age resulting in lost volume and elasticity as part of the normal aging process. Injectable HA attracts water helping to plump out, add volume and smoothen hollows, lines and wrinkles creating a more youthful appearance.
The procedure only takes, on average 15-30 minutes with an immediate result meaning you can have a short appointment and return to your normal routine.
The Dermal fillers that we use at Richmond Road Dental Practice are manufactured in Switzerland by Teoxane Laboratories and have been well promoted in the UK for over 11 years. The product is non-animal by origin and highly biocompatible. The product range is associated with less reactions of hypersensitivity due to a low protein and bacterial endotoxin level. It does not need prior testing and it is temporary with only a trace of the filler left in the body. Other brands are available for use on request.
What areas can be treated to reverse the effects of aging and improve appearance?
- Nasolabial Folds. Nose to mouth grooves.
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Lipstick Lines. Lines on the upper lip created when pouting or smoking.
- Crows Feet
- Marionette lines. Long vertical lines on the side of the chin
- Chin wrinkles
- Dermal fillers are used cleverly to shape and contour the cheeks to achieve symmetry and improve appearance without surgery.
- Lip enhancement Aging results in thinner and smaller lips with fine vertical lines at the edges. Fillers can be used to enhance thin lips, rendering them more voluminous, youthful and attractive and helping create a natural lip line.
- Achieving a more sensuous look
- Providing more balance to facial feature
- Restoring lost volume and shape
- Increase self confidence in their appearance
- Strategic injection of dermal fillers to the masseter muscles can create a more feminine jaw line making the face appear narrower and more attractive.How much does it cost?
Single syringe (1ml) – £250-350
Additional syringe (1ml) – £150-£300. The cost depends on the amount and type of dermal filler you would like and how many areas you wish to be treated. Savings can be made when buying a course.
How is the treatment given?
The procedure normally takes 15-30 minutes.
Dermal fillers are injected using a very fine needle into a crease line which creates volume under the wrinkles, lifting up and smoothing out the lines. The results can last approximately 9 months, but again this varies on the type of filler used, and area treated. In order to maintain the effect, regular tops ups will be required as the natural aging process cannot be halted. Following injection, you may experience slight side effects such as redness, swelling or bruising at the injected areas. These side effects will not last and can be easily covered up with your usual make-up (concealer).
Back to Treatments »